In Part 1, we looked at renovating or relocating. In Part 2, we decided to stay, but made a priority list of what we should renovate that would be not only fiscally responsible but best practise for your home. Now, we enter part 3; Why You Should Hire a Designer.
Do any of the following statements describe your feelings towards designing your own space:
- You and your partner agree that a space needs to be rejuvenated, but despite all of your best intentions, the two of you cannot seem to make it out of Home Depot without cry-texting your marriage counsellor/mother/best friend.
- You know what you love when you see it, but canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t begin to imagine how to put it together.
- You work around the clock and cannot find the time to shop, compare, match or price finishes.
- Doing any or all of the above makes you break into cold sweats and dread your very own existence.
- You are utterly clueless. You donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know what you like, you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know where to start, you only know that it should look better than it does now.
If you answered yes to any of these scenarios, then congratulations! You have already taken the first big step Ã¢â‚¬â€œ you need a designer!
At Main Renovations, we really do want the process to be as painless as possible. We pride ourselves on not only our taste and skill, but our ability to listen to your Ã¢â‚¬Å“wantsÃ¢â‚¬Â, to be patient with your indecisions, and to include you in as much or as little of the experience as possible.
We have designed spaces for marriedÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s, singleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s, families and yes, even people we were (and still are;) related to. We have worked remotely with clients who reside out of the country, clients who have only snippets of time to meet, and clients who simply issued Ã¢â‚¬Ëœcarte blancheÃ¢â‚¬â„¢. In every case, the outcome was the same; for the minimal added expense of hiring a designer, the headache, heartache and end-result dissatisfaction were all but eliminated.
- Designers have connections with suppliers and manufacturers that the average consumer does not. Often the connections result in cost savings to the client – thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s your money!
- Fixing something you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t like after the fact is ALWAYS far more costly than the fee for the designer would have been Ã¢â‚¬â€œ do it right the first time!
- At Main Renovations, we donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t restrict ourselves to Ã¢â‚¬Ëœall or nothingÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ packages Ã¢â‚¬â€œ just want help with floor-plans or layout? We can do that. Only need help with finishes selection? Ã¢â‚¬â€œ we can do that. On a strict budget? No problem!
And if that doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t do it for you Ã¢â‚¬â€œ let these pictures speak for themselves.